Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-15-2022, 08:06 PM   #1
CMO

Default Where is the "water manifold" on a 2004 BT Cruiser?

Trying to figure out if there is water in the H/W heater and if the H/WH is "by-passed".
TIA,
Charlie
CMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:56 AM   #2
ezdriver

The bypass valve in my 2005 BT Cruiser 5270 is located under the bed on the driver's side. The positions are marked on it.
ezdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:09 PM   #3
Papa Dave O

EZ, I have a 2005 BT Cruiser 5230. I need to flush and drain my fresh water system since the previous owner had drained it and filled with non toxic anti freeze. What is the easiest way of flushing and draining this system. I have been filling the water tank and running the pump and the taps. Seems like there should be an easier way. Also, there is a small T handle near the water tank on one of the white water lines. Doesnt appear to do anything when I open it. Also, in one of the exterior access compartments there is a red and white water line running out the bottom of the compartment and they also have a T handle on each line that again doesnt appear to have any function. Also, is there a selector valve for city or fresh water fill. If there is, I cant find it. Thanks.
Papa Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:42 AM   #4
ezdriver

I do not have a city/freshwater selector because my water tank filler is a separate outside connection from the city water connection. The w/h bypass valve has two white water lines going into it and one red line coming out, you may or may not have a w/h bypass valve.
The T handles are the valves you need. The one nearest the tank drains the tank, and the others drain what water is left over in other parts of the system. I think the red line feeds the hot water system.
Pull up on the T handle. It is hard to move and does not move very much, you will feel the "click" when it does move. They drain directly through a hose through the floor onto the ground. Open the kitchen faucet to help it drain faster.
Those valves will not drain the water heater, yours may or may not be filled.
To drain the w/h, open the access panel on the outside, then remove the anode rod by using a socket wrench on what looks like a large bolt head near the bottom of the tank.
If you do this with the water system pressurized, the anode rod will come shooting out, so I release the pressure first by opening a faucet or draining the system. I use teflon tape on the threads when I reinstall the anode rod.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:41 AM   #5
Papa Dave O

WOW... Thanks again EZ, I certainly appreciate the help. I did open the small T handle near the fresh water tank but nothing happens. I even opened the taps in the motorhome. The other red and white line T handles did open and drain some water but I cant find a main drain for the fresh water tank (unless the valve is stuck or plugged). Any idea on how to fill the hot water tank? Does it fill when I fill the tank? Instructions from Gulf Stream sure are sketchy!
Papa Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:18 AM   #6
ezdriver

If there is water in the tank but pulling up on the valve next to it does not drain anything, then I think the valve or hose must be plugged. Maybe there is no water in it at this time? My tank is translucent and I can see the water level in it.
Filling the water tank will not fill the w/h. When you hook up city water and turn the supply on, the w/h will start to fill. You might hear water running somewhere and freak out that you have a leak - it's just the w/h filling up. You can help that along by opening the hot water faucet until you get a steady flow.