Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
satchmo

Default wiring schematics

Does anyone out there have a wiring schematic for a 2002 Ultra Supreme 34 ft class A?
I would probably be inclined to purchase one if it could be authenticated.
Got some serious electrical problems after a I requested a mod from campers world.
satchmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Jim

Default good luck

I have for years tryed to get on for my Gulfstream units. Every one I talk to I get a diffrent line of bull. If they have one they won't give it out.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
RayChez1

What kind of electrical problems do you have that was caused by Camper World? Maybe somebody in this forum can walk you through and help you find the solution to a fix.
Not too many coach companies will give out the schematics on the wiring on coaches.
I believe that they are afraid somebody might tamper with the original wiring and cause a short that might cause a fire and then they would be liable.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
Jim

Default reply

most of the same tipe units are not wired the same. I am a master electrian and I have found that when it comes to the electrial system on these units there is no code and the job is done cheap and as long as it works it goes out the door and if you call any RV company you will get a run around over a diagram. The most reasonable answere I have got was they don't have one. Not only Gulfstream but all of them will give you that answere and most will tell you the can't give it to you because they don't have one. I know that even a dealer can't get one.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
RJ82much

Satchmo,

A little defense of Gulf Stream. They actually have a fairly good system for wiring their coaches. It is not done by schematic, rather by cable runs. They have drawings for every cable which identifies where every wire is to land, be-it a connector, terminal, fuse, etc. I think the routing can vary by assembly worker, but the connection shouldn't vary.

They do have schematics, but they wouldn't be used for coach assembly. These wire run drawings are difficult for troubleshooting, at least for me because a signal might need to be traced over a dozen different cables (& therefore drawings) Good luck in getting a schematic out of Gulf Stream. The top man considers them propriatary information. It's a foolish notion, but it's his rule.

Just so that you know, even the schematic is not the answer to all your troubleshooting woes. A lot of the signals cross over into/from the chassis wiring at several interface connectors. There are undocumented fuse blocks provided by the chassis manufacturer. Gulf Stream would not be able to provide those diagrams because they have no way of maintaining a revision system for say, Workhorse schematics.

No, I haven't "jumped ship" to the other side, but I don't see a clear solution to the problem. Schematics would solve perhaps 90% of our needs to get a motor home up & running after a fault of some sort. You would need to contact the chassis manufacturer for his part of the wiring. They probably can be purchased.

Why Gulf Stream withholds schematics from the dealer is a mystery to me. Long View in Ct claimed they couldn't get schematics from GS & had to resort to "plugging wires into various sockets" to see what happenes. Needless to say, I never again let them touch my coach!

Satchmo, as RayChez asked, describe what went wrong after Camper World made the modification?

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote