Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream | Tech > Electrical
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-15-2024, 06:23 AM   #1
Cooch24

Default No 110v to outlets

I have a new 2022 ameri-lite 199rk camper, four of the outlets do not work. It has one GFI (not tripped), fuses are good and no breakers are tripped.
The outlets not working are all at the front of the camper, outlets at the back end work?? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cooch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 05:01 PM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

First, did they ever work, or is this a new problem?

I would physically reset all GFCI outlets and all breakers in the panel to confirm that they are indeed ON.

Next, what does work? There should be multiple circuits. How many? What do they go to? If there is 120v AC power to one or more other circuits, then incoming power is not the issue. The outlets that do not work, do you think they are connected to a GFCI outlet? Do you think they are all on one circuit? If the former is true, then a GFCI outlet needs to be reset, or it could be faulty, or wiring could be wrong or disconnected on the load side down the line. If the latter is true, then the breaker needs to be reset, or it could be faulty, or wiring could be wrong or disconnected on the load side down the line.

Are there any inverters that could power that one circuit instead of the regular method? Anything else out of the ordinary that a previous owner may have done?

Beyond these basics, testing, diagnostics and repair need to be done, and you should hire an electrician.

Best-
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 07:05 PM   #3
Cooch24

Thanks
I found out that the dealer installed a new refrigerator in the unit before we bought the camper.The panel and all electrical circuits are housed below the fridge. So it’s going back to the dealer for them to figure out the repairs.
I live so far away from the dealer I hoping for a quick simple fix.
Cooch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:29 AM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

There is often a 2nd GFCI OVER SINK, under bottom of upper cabinet, bend over, look up?
Old 02-25-2024, 09:56 AM   #5
BluesFlyer

I had a similar issue at the first campsite I visited with my new TT. After cycling the campsite’s 30amp breaker everything worked. I’ve come to realize that if the microwave’s lights are on then shore power is working properly. If no lights on the microwave then I know I’m just on the TT’s battery.
BluesFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:05 AM   #6
Chuck v

I have a small digital plug in voltage meter I use in the RV to both verify the presence of 110 power and confirm it is not some strange value due to a wiring error at the shore power post...

These are inexpensive, and small/easy to keep in a 'gadget' drawer in the RV...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/JINGYANG-...erId=101265685

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 04:59 PM   #7
maddog53

When I bought my 2021 199RK, I got it home and started playing. Checked the antenna, nope. Checked the lights, front half not working. I called the dealer and informed them that the pre trip inspection that i PAID FOR, was not done and here are the issues. I phoned the next couple days and asked what they were going to do about it, as I stated numerous times, the pre trip was not done if these issues are happening. They got tired of my calls and informed me that they would send their own truck, to get my trailer. All in all, they did me right. They brought it back in about 2 1/2 weeks all fixed. No wires were connected behind the tv cable. I knew that as I took the wall piece off before they came and yep, nothing connected. Front lights was an issue of poor installation. In the 3 full years I have had it, only a faulty sail switch has impeded my camping. The dealer sent me the part, free, and I installed it. No way was I driving that far for that. Good luck, I love mine. I wish I had your layout though.
maddog53 is offline   Reply With Quote