Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class B+
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-05-2024, 07:30 PM   #81
Just two

Default Work continues

Working on the 5210s bath. It’s been an adventure. Replacing the Pex to PexA adding cold and hot water headers. Figured on locating the hot header under the bath vanity and the cold by the water tank pump.

Thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0633.jpg (174.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0635.jpg (175.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0621.jpg (175.5 KB, 5 views)
Just two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 10:42 PM   #82
MV213

Will be interested to see what you end up with! Looks like fun!
MV213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 08:20 PM   #83
R1100S

Hi,
Surfed in as looking to purchase a 2021 5210 and want to pull ATV, too. This thread is a gold mine of information!
Wanted to ask, what are your typically mpg’s AND knowing all issues would you buy your coach again.

Thank you
R1100S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 11:16 AM   #84
MV213

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1100S View Post
Hi,
Surfed in as looking to purchase a 2021 5210 and want to pull ATV, too. This thread is a gold mine of information!
Wanted to ask, what are your typically mpg’s AND knowing all issues would you buy your coach again.

Thank you
Well this isn’t my thread but for what it’s worth I’m averaging 11.0 MPG with the fabulous 7.3L gas Godzilla engine. I haven’t done any towing but I feel like it would have plenty of power to tow a car or Jeep.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:33 PM   #85
Just two

Default 11 mpg

Too much power with the 7.3 liter engine in our 2021 5210. We get 11 mpg. These rigs have a large problem with the exit angle. The rear squats so I’m not sure that it would handle much tongue weight. I added air bags and a compressor and at around 88psi I get 2” of lift. Earlier in this post there was talk about softer front springs so I bought some to give that a try. The front sits high so if I lower that my hope is that it will raise the back?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0599.jpg (199.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-12-2024, 07:48 PM   #86
Just two

Default Hot water header installed

Found a good spot for the hot water header manifold, back by the water heater. I can reach the valves from the bathroom vanity or by removing the dresser drawers. The manifold has 6 - 1/2”valved ports and 2 - 3/4 ends that I capped. Works out, there are 4 lines to supply hot to sinks, and showers. 1 line from HW heater and then I added a drain. Also started some carpentry, not my strong suit but I’m learning. Notice the wife picked a porcelain sink, I think it’s too heavy but I’m not starting that conversation. Ha!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0646.jpg (174.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0644.jpg (162.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0647.jpg (162.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-12-2024, 08:40 PM   #87
MV213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just two View Post
Found a good spot for the hot water header manifold, back by the water heater. I can reach the valves from the bathroom vanity or by removing the dresser drawers. The manifold has 6 - 1/2”valved ports and 2 - 3/4 ends that I capped. Works out, there are 4 lines to supply hot to sinks, and showers. 1 line from HW heater and then I added a drain. Also started some carpentry, not my strong suit but I’m learning. Notice the wife picked a porcelain sink, I think it’s too heavy but I’m not starting that conversation. Ha!
Looking great so far! What brand and model sink is that?
Old 03-12-2024, 08:42 PM   #88
MV213

Quote:
Too much power with the 7.3 liter engine in our 2021 5210. We get 11 mpg. These rigs have a large problem with the exit angle. The rear squats so I’m not sure that it would handle much tongue weight. I added air bags and a compressor and at around 88psi I get 2” of lift. Earlier in this post there was talk about softer front springs so I bought some to give that a try. The front sits high so if I lower that my hope is that it will raise the back?
Yes, there’s a post or two where somebody else has gone through this exercise. I have firestone airbags in the back. I may get a set of lift blocks which I think would be the simplest solution.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:33 PM   #89
Just two

Default Sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV213 View Post
Looking great so far! What brand and model sink is that?
Bought it from Amazon. Thought of sending it back several times. Too heavy, now too late to send back. We have a corner mirror to match. Need to install the simulated tile before installing the mirror. Save some tile sheet trimming.

If you want I can post pictures?

Today I plan on installing a soft start on the AC. I want to check the amps before then after.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0650.jpg (160.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-16-2024, 06:06 AM   #90
Just two

Default Soft start installed

Quote:
Bought it from Amazon. Thought of sending it back several times. Too heavy, now too late to send back. We have a corner mirror to match. Need to install the simulated tile before installing the mirror. Save some tile sheet trimming.

Today I plan on installing a soft start on the AC. I want to check the amps before then after.
Installed the soft start. It wasn’t as easy as I thought. The device’s only instruction is a schematic on the cover. You get what you pay for. The BT5210 has a low profile Dometic and its schematic is on the control cover. I checked several other brand soft starts and they come with different number of wires with different color codes. No standards. Looks like the the instructions on the more expensive SS are better.

Well the outcome is that it works and the starting amps is much lower.

Before the install startup 13 amps, after install 9+ amps. The running amps may be slightly less after the install, but not by much. Full disclosure it was warmer when I took the before readings. My wife said she notice it runs quieter, I didn’t notice that. I do have the cover and filter off, still missing a ceiling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0665.jpg (230.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0653.jpg (202.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0652.jpg (220.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (243.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-16-2024, 09:31 AM   #91
MV213

Quote:

Thank you! I will be watching this to see what you end up with. I love this thread.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:13 PM   #92
Just two

Default Tile time

Working on the tile in the bathroom. Ran out, she thought she ordered enough had to order 16 more. 4 in a pack so 4 more packs. It’s a trick to get it up where it looks right. it looks right. What fun.

Was cold this morning so used the dash heater to make it comfortable to work. Then it got hot this afternoon thought about using the AC, but turned both Max fans on, opened a window and that worked well.

Thinking of installing a diesel heater so when we are boon docking we can save the propane. We have one in our camper van and love it. I have a package one I used in a shop that can be repurposed.

Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0510.jpg (303.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-16-2024, 08:45 PM   #93
MV213

Quote:
Working on the tile in the bathroom. Ran out, she thought she ordered enough had to order 16 more. 4 in a pack so 4 more packs. It’s a trick to get it up where it looks right. it looks right. What fun.

Was cold this morning so used the dash heater to make it comfortable to work. Then it got hot this afternoon thought about using the AC, but turned both Max fans on, opened a window and that worked well.

Thinking of installing a diesel heater so when we are boon docking we can save the propane. We have one in our camper van and love it. I have a package one I used in a shop that can be repurposed.

Thoughts?
It’s worth thinking about. I am not that familiar with the little diesel heaters but am interested. The biggest issues I see are where to install it, and fuel storage.
Old 03-29-2024, 07:57 PM   #94
Just two

Default Cleaning up area for diesel heater.

I have a plan to use the plumbing pass thru behind the driver side wheel well. It was used for the water drains and the black tank flush hose. Since I replaced the plumbing it is just a 2” hole. That hole is in the floor and is in a good position because I plan on adding a storage area. The area will be the space behind that wheel well before the tank dump door. I bought a 16” x 24” door for this area. I got a good start on the cold water header today mounted it to the outside wall using an insulated block.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0690.jpg (232.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0689.jpg (208.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0685.jpg (170.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-29-2024, 10:07 PM   #95
MV213

Quote:
I have a plan to use the plumbing pass thru behind the driver side wheel well. It was used for the water drains and the black tank flush hose. Since I replaced the plumbing it is just a 2” hole. That hole is in the floor and is in a good position because I plan on adding a storage area. The area will be the space behind that wheel well before the tank dump door. I bought a 16” x 24” door for this area. I got a good start on the cold water header today mounted it to the outside wall using an insulated block.
I will be following this to see how it works out. Everything you’ve done so far looks great!
Old 03-30-2024, 01:54 PM   #96
Just two

Default Nice project team effort

Tile done. Pro tip- use latex tile sealer on the walls before installing tile. 2 coats are better then one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0698.jpg (173.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-30-2024, 02:00 PM   #97
Just two

Default The new storage area start

Checking the best location to install this 16 x 24 hatch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0692.jpg (331.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-30-2024, 06:25 PM   #98
MV213

Tile and sink look great!
Old 03-30-2024, 07:36 PM   #99
Just two

Default Moving the power converter.

Relocating the power distribution center to a more logical location for our new floor plan. We are not reinstalling the stove/oven. We got a combination gas induction stove top. So I get to shorten the DC and AC wires going to the power panel. Its new location is where the oven was. Then a drawer goes above that and the microwave above the drawer.
Good time to clean up the wiring. Fixing some issues that may have been future problems. Also it’s a good time to draw up an as built document.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0708.jpg (256.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0710.jpg (201.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-07-2024, 12:02 PM   #100
Just two

Default Storage expansion and diesel heater test

Nice weather finally. Took advantage and cut the storage area hole. Tested the stand alone diesel heater. It isn’t going to work. It did heat nicely on a cold morning but the package isn’t practical. I ordered a diesel heater kit with the tank and pump separate. Got the metal to build the new storage box and some extra metal for making the existing storage bigger. Should work out nicely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0727.jpg (341.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0729.jpg (246.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0734.jpg (341.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0735.jpg (164.0 KB, 1 views)