View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #15
deltamark

Default GS 19RSD

Hey there Doc,

Picked up our Visa this weekend and really like it! Ahh, the new camper smell! It towed well, even though I only have a V6 Saturn Vue with 3,500 lb. towing capacity. My only concern was that with the weight distribution system I had installed, it sits pretty low and easily bottoms out on little inclines / hills / speed bumps if I'm not real careful. (I learned to be real careful, real quick!)

Inside, the floor feels nice and solid. The unit seems to be very quiet. We couldn't hear too much from the outside world. I'm not in love with the dinette table that comes with it. I'm not a real wide guy, but had to kind of work my way in and around it to sit down. Am probably going to replace it with a portable table.

The fridge is excellent. Large, with a separate freezer and a black light inside! The stove is a two burner. Had some concerns previously about kitchen storage space, but don't think that's going to be a problem. There is an extra storage slot under the fridge where a utensils drawer will easily fit. The closet space is generous and there seems to be enough storage for us underneath the bed and dinette. Bathroom is so much better than what we had. Has a deeper tub than most lightweight RV's we looked at. Bath also has a medicine cabinet and more storage than we'll probably need.

The windows seem to let in a pretty good amount of light. The privacy shades are are nice to have. The bed is good, but isn't a walk-around, so that can be problematic after a few glasses of wine; - )

We're not going to use the top bunk for sleeping, so it became an instant "throw-stuff-up-there-for-storage spot. The bunk sits a little low though, when not propped up. I'm going to have to find a way to keep it propped up when there's weight on it, being that my wife already bumped her head pretty good.

The unit doesn't have a pull-down step. The step down is recessed, inside the camper, which was a little dangerous for my wife who doesn't always watch where she's going. The LED lights are on the outside are cool. Four stabilizer jacks are fine. The unit has a hitch light, which should come in handy.

Since we only spent one night in it, I don't have it all down yet, so can post more in the future as I become accustomed to it. Planning on camping again this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Debit
Maybe that was yours that we looked at. We are still waiting on ours to come in.

I thought I set this up to notify me when there were posts, but it doesn't seem to do that. My email is [email protected]. Let me know how you like it. Haven't made up my mind about the generator yet, but leaning toward the Yamaha 2400i.
deltamark is offline   Reply With Quote